At Johnson Dental We are Here for You and Your Family in these Challenging Times!
At Johnson Dental, we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. Your dental health is important and impacts your overall health and we are committed to supporting each and every one of you as we return to full services beyond emergency care on May 26th. We have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members
To ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC and MN Board of Dentistry by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you can help ensure a safe and healthy environment. Our team is working diligently to make sure that all social distancing requirements are in place, so that every patient can come back to care with confidence.
What we are doing:
- We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient electronically or verbally on the phone and again when you arrive for your appointment.
- Click here for a link to our COVID-19 Screening form that will be uploaded to your chart.
- Patients will only be allowed in the office when their provider is ready for them.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in.
- An antiseptic mouth rinse of 1.5% hydrogen peroxide to lower viral loads prior to treatment.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment(PPE), much as we had before. We will also have face shields, N95s and 3D custom fitted masks.
- The frequently touched surfaces in the reception area are being wiped down frequently.
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients to minimize interaction with other patients and team members.
- We are offering special appointment times for patients to condense multiple appointments into one block to limit the number of times required to come into the office.
- Offering new financial arrangements to help ensure affordable care.
What you can do:
- When you arrive, consider yourself checked in just by pulling into the parking lot.
- Bring your cellphone! If you don’t have a cellphone, call us when you are about to head to our office for arrival instructions.
- Your provider will call or text your cellphone to let you know that they are ready for you and to meet them on the sidewalk by the front door.
- Please wear a mask while your provider screens you for COVID then escorts you straight back to a clean and sterilized treatment room.
- Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice.
- Parents who accompany children will also be asked to wear a mask and be screened so that they can enter the office to make any follow up appointments that may be needed.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team.
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
- Tell your friends and family about your visit! We will provide them the same healthy environment, the highest level of care, and a safe & positive experience!
We will continue to reach out and update you on a regular basis through various forms of contact. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for up to date information, as well as tips and resources on how to maintain your oral hygiene at home during these times.
Join the conversation!