We Are Here for You and Your Family in These Challenging Times
At Johnson Dental, we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. Dental health is so important in sustaining a healthy immune system, which we all critically need right now. Many of you have been waiting for your needed dental care. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we limited our care to emergencies in order to support the healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 on the frontlines and stabilize the supply of PPE for those providers
We are happy to return to the familiar range of services you expect and desire on May 26th, 2020!
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority. With the weeks of careful planning and enhanced protocols we have put in place, we have greatly minimized the risk and created a safe environment for exceptional dental care. Many different viruses and infectious diseases have affected our communities in the past. The standards we hold for infection control and sterilization have confidently led to hundreds of thousands of safe patient experiences and many years of healthy employment for the team at Johnson Dental.
Here are just some of the measures we will be taking to continue providing safe dental care experiences for you:
Steps Our Team is Taking for You
- We are monitoring and implementing the recommendations and updates handed down from the CDC and the MN Board of Dentistry.
- Our team has received EXTENSIVE TRAINING on our Safe Reopen Plan and all are confident with the skills to keep you safe.
- Each of our team members is self-monitoring when at home and SCREENED for COVID-19 prior to entering the practice each day.
- During patient care, providers will be wearing FACE SHIELDS, HEAD COVERINGS and special MASKS along with the personal protective equipment we have always employed.
- Proper HAND HYGIENE is practiced by our team at all times and SOCIAL DISTANCING for our team members is observed while in the office.
- Keeping your reserved appointment is ESSENTIAL! There are many patients who want to stay on the care interval that we have developed with them for ideal oral health.
- We are reaching out to our patients who were DISPLACED from their appointments in March through May with priority given to them and to those with more urgent needs.
- With HUNDREDS of patients to reappoint, we are managing our schedules to help support them.
- There will be limited availability if you must cancel or change your appointment, we ask that you contact us at least 48 hours prior to your visit.
- We are STAGGERING appointment times to prevent patients from encountering other patients as much as possible.
- SPECIALTY days will be offered to those over 60 years old or who have significant underlying conditions that place them at a higher risk for complications from COVID-19.
- We will continue to work hard to keep all of our loyal patients ON TRACK with the care they need in this recovery period.
Prior to Your Appointment
- To keep our check-in process CONTACT-FREE, we ask you to fill out as many forms as possible electronically, right on your phone or computer.
- You can access all of our SECURE ONLINE FORMS at: https://forms.patientconnect365.com/6524
- We appreciate you filling out the Dental Insurance Information and Patient Medical History Forms ahead of time.
- These completed forms will be uploaded right into your dental record – NO PAPER TO SIGN!
- For those who have dental benefits, a photo of both the front and back of the INSURANCE CARD should be sent to: [email protected]
- You will receive an appointment reminder email or text message with instructions about submitting a COVID-19 Screening Form.
- The COVID-19 Screening Form should be filled out and submitted 24 to 48 hours PRIOR to you appointment and is easily filled out right from your phone or computer.
- Please contact us if there are any questions about preparing for you appointment.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- PLEASE bring your CELL PHONE and a wear MASK to the appointment.
- You will be asked to STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE when you arrive for the visit. Think of the parking lot as our temporary reception area!
- The provider for your appointment will text or call your CELL PHONE when they are ready for you to come to the door.
- Our reception area accommodates SOCIAL DISTANCING if you don’t have a cell phone, cannot stay in your car or get dropped off for your visit.
- TOUCHLESS temperatures are being taken at the door.
- All patients will be given HAND SANITIZER and SCREENED for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building.
- Patient CAREGIVERS will also be screened before being admitted into the building.
- If a patient or patient’s caregiver arrives with a FEVER or other symptoms of COVID-19, we will ask that the appointment be delayed.
- Only patients and up to one caregiver will be allowed in the building at this time.
- We ask that you continue to practice SOCIAL DISTANCING measures in common areas of the office, including at the front desk.
During Your Treatment
- All treatment rooms are COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated.
- UV-C Light Germicidal HEPA Air Purifiers are cleaning the air in each treatment room.
- Public areas, including restrooms, are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Our team will continue to STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and MN Board of Dentistry in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- Patients will be given an ANTISEPTIC mouth rinse of 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide prior to starting their care. This greatly decreases the viral particles in the mouth that could be released during procedures.
- ALL surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectants.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- APPOINTMENTS can be made right from the treatment rooms, eliminating the need to stop at the front desk.
- PRODUCTS like Sonicare Toothbrushes & brush heads, Prevident Toothpaste, Whitening Gel, Ice Chips Xylitol Candy, and 3M Dry Mouth Spray are available for purchase from the business team. Call ahead if you do not have an appointment, and we will deliver them to your vehicle.
- PLEXIGLASS BARRIERS are in place to protect both patients and the business team when checking-out is needed.
- TOUCH-FREE payment with credit and debit cards are available via Google Pay and Android Pay!
- We can email both RECEIPTS and INVOICES to eliminate another point of contact.
We also realize that many of you have been impacted financially during this outbreak, and we are offering some solutions to keep dental care affordable for you and your family.
To discuss these payment options, schedule an appointment, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 507-645-9669
As we proceed with an abundance of caution, our goal is that you feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back all of our patients, friends and neighbors very soon!
Stay Safe and Healthy! We’ve Got This!