Your First Visit
On your first visit to Johnson Dental, you will receive a comprehensive oral evaluation. This is an essential and valuable time for our dental team to get to know you, and vice versa! Through this evaluation, we will learn about your health history and will begin to lay the groundwork for your personalized treatment through several steps, including:
- A review of your health and dental histories
- A new set of digital radiographs (X-rays)
- A question and answer session with your dentist, including a review of your smile goals
- An oral cancer screening
- A comprehensive oral evaluation, including an evaluation of existing restorations and identification of decay and other conditions that may need treatment
- A series of digital photographs
- A complete periodontal evaluation
- A professional cleaning with one of our highly-skilled dental hygienists
WHEN SHOULD I BRING MY CHILD IN FOR A FIRST VISIT?
We find that most children do best if their first dental visit occurs at about three years of age. This visit is a chance to introduce the child to the sights and sounds of a dentist’s office. We want your child to enjoy the dentist’s office and to learn good dental care habits. It’s important to prevent cavities and other developmental problems, as they can cause pain and can jeopardize future dental health. At your child’s first visit, a hygienist will provide preventive therapy, and the dentist will evaluate your child’s oral health and give you advice for at-home care.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Be honest about going to the dentist – tell your child what to expect, but try not to transfer any negative thoughts or fears.
- Today’s dentistry is much more comfortable than it may have been when you were little.
- Set a good example – model good brushing and flossing habits at home, and think about making a game of it. Also, consider bringing your child to one of your dental visits, so they can see exactly what a visit to the dentist is like.
- Find books and other educational materials about dental care – many books and children’s shows talk about the dentist. These can be very helpful in teaching your child and in alleviating any fears.
Your Treatment Consultation
After your initial evaluation, your dentist will analyze all of the information and invite you back for a treatment consultation. This is an opportunity for you to learn about your unique dental health. Your dentist will review your goals and will give you recommendations about your unique treatment plan. You should feel comfortable with all aspects of your care at Johnson Dental, and this consultation time is your chance to ask any questions you may have. We will always strive to make sure you are completely informed about your care, and we will address any concerns immediately.
Request an Appointment
We offer online appointment scheduling so you can find the date and time best for you. Just complete the form and we will get back with you to finalize your appointment.
We’re here to help. Contact Us!